23 June 2009

Tombstone Tuesday - Greiff Couple


Gladys Greiff photo curtosey of Ronald Sykes
Gladys Mae Greiff 1918-1977 was the wife of Willie Greiff. Willie's parents immigrated to the US from Germany. In about 1916 they came to the Spokane area in Washington. Their farm is still owned by their family and is now a museum in Deer Park, near the Wild Rose Cemetery. See my previous post to read more about the museum.


These two photos I took when my family and I were visiting the Wild Rose Cemetery. I was looking for older or military headstones, but this one caught my eye and I just had to take a picture. It's beautiful. It wasn't until I got home that I realized this is the man the museum was created in honor of.

4 comments:

Judith Richards Shubert said...

Enjoyed your post, Amy. Particularly liked the monument to Willie and knowing he was the best potato picker and farmer in the area. Thanks for sharing this in the Carnival.

S. Lincecum said...

I agree with Judith! "Best potato picker and farmer in the area" is the best. Just that little line gives us insight about Willie.

dustbunny8 said...

The stone is a wonderful find!Thank you for showing us!

Untangled Family Roots said...

Wow, I'm glad you loved it. I didn't realize this would be such a hit. ;-) I will say that I really enjoyed the museum the descendants have created on the old family farm. You would have to read all about it in my previous post on Wild Rose Prairie.

Followers

Twitter Followers

BlogCatalog