19 June 2009

North Idaho Museum

Well my Friday trip with the kids took us not far from home to the Museum of North Idaho in beautiful Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

Our four year old daughter got a bit tired of it all, but she hung in there. The boys however were reading and looking at the pictures. I heard a few "wows" and "mom look at this" or "What is that?" I would say they really enjoyed themselves. It's a great experience for children and a chance for them to learn history, especially our local history.

The local history is comprised mostly of the logging and mining industries of the area as well as the Coeur d'Alene Indian history. The Coeur d'Alene Indian are still a major part of this area. I hope to learn more of their history as we spend our summer exploring more historical area.

I meant to get a picture but I completely forgot. Now I think I will sit down and read the book a bought "Roads Less Traveled Through the Coeru d'Alenes" by Dorothy Dahlgren and Simone Kincade.

Next Friday I think the kids and I will travel to Harrison, Idaho to visit the museum and cemetery there.

No comments:

Followers

Twitter Followers

BlogCatalog