24 March 2012

Fearless Females - March 24 Inherited Traits

This is Me on the floor in front, hubby on the right of me. My brother is in the back, and of course my parents between us.
What you can't see in this photo is where the curly hair comes from, but you can see that I get my red hair from my mother. My dad at this point has lost all of his, otherwise you'd be able to see the head full of curls he once had. His nick name as a child was "Cotton Top" because of his almost white blond hair that was full of kinky curls. We also know where he got those curls. It's in the picture below.
In this photo is my dad's father, the baby boy, Albert Woolsey. It is his mother Mary Joanne Williamson whom we get our kinky little curls from. She has her hair pulled back, but there is no doubt it is curly and fluffy.
Not only was my dad called Cotton Top, but he use to call me his little lion. When I was young I kept my hair braided, but when it was down it use to puff out and give me this big red main of hair.

2 comments:

Annmarie said...

Your blog is interesting and I'm nominating for the 'One Lovely Blog Award'. The award was started a little over two years ago at Works of Art by Sara and included the following rules.
>
Add the logo to your blog.
Link to the person from whom you received this award
Nominate 7 or more blogs
Leave a message on their blog, letting them know they are "One Lovely Blog"!
Blogging is still new to me, and I don't know how to put the logo on my blog, click on my link and you'll see the award. http://genealogymemorylane.blogspot.com/

Untangled Family Roots said...

Thank you

Followers

Twitter Followers

BlogCatalog