#52Ancestors - At the beginning

I'm starting over and going back to the beginning this time. I loved Amy Johnson Crow's idea of "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks" when she introduced it, and in 2015, I was eager to participate. It wasn't that I didn't have much to write about; it was more that I didn't have the time. Motherhood took priority. But now, as my husband and I find ourselves empty nesters, I finally have the time to write about my ancestors, and I'm looking forward to it!

I'm taking this a step further. I've been a long-time fan and reader of Randy Seaver from Genea-Musings, and I admire how he organizes his participation in "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks." He starts with his great-grandparents and writes about each ancestor in order. Randy, I hope you don't mind, but I'm borrowing your wonderful idea—I'm going to start with my grandparents since they have all passed away.

I have at least seven generations of ancestors I can write about, and when I run out of ancestors from my lines, there's always my husband's family. This should keep me busy for a while.


So, here we go. My first post on Thursday will be about my grandfather, Albert Lee Woolsey, who died when I was 8 years old.

Comments

Popular Posts