06 May 2023

Jenkins Big-Y DNA results

 I really wished I had something more to report, but I don't. My weeks have been full of helping my husband build his shop and not with a lot of research. I did get the Big-Y results, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of this information. There is no clear answers in the data, so it is going to require a lot of research and possibly building out other trees to understand the connections.

I need to find all Jenkins in Lincoln County, NC and create their trees. I will start on Family Search with Lincoln County, NC Wills and Probates 1735-1970 North Carolina Probate Records, 1735-1970; https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:37SQ-2964-8T9?cc=1867501&wc=32LT-6TL%3A169766601%2C170752501

 





  • Elijah Jenkins - Devise, Polly Jenkins - Date of probate 1805 - does not list book and page - File no - IJK
  • Joseph Jenkins - Devise, Hugh Jenkins - Date of probate 1821 - No book or page - File no. IJK.
  • Hugh Jenkins - Devise, Susannah Jenkins - Date of probate 11/1835 - Book 1, Page 354.
  • J.C. Jenkins - Devise, Barbara Jenkins - Date of Probate 9/14/1880 - Book 4, page 228.
  • Barbara E Jenkins - Devise, Blair E Jenkins - Date of Probate 6/30/1903 - Book 5, page 235
  • William E Jenkins - Devise, Alice Jenkins - Date of probate 4/3/1941 - Book 9, page 97.

 

The last two are really too late in time to be of much help, so I am marking them off of my list. I will however find the Wills/Probates of the first four and transcribe them.



  • Elijah Jenkins - Devise, Polly Jenkins - Date of probate 1805 - does not list book and page - File no - IJK.
  • Joseph Jenkins - Devise, Hugh Jenkins - Date of probate 1821 - No book or page - File no. IJK.

 

These two records do not exist in the digital files online. I will likely have to find time, haha, to go look at microfilm.

  • Hugh Jenkins - Devise, Susannah Jenkins - Date of probate 11/1835 - Book 1, Page 354.

 

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:37SQ-29XQ-F99?i=440&wc=32LJ-N38%3A169766601%2C170758801&cc=1867501. Two pages download to be transcribed later. This one is encouraging. He also lists his brother David and a nephew. This will start a family tree for sure.



  • J.C. Jenkins - Devise, Barbara Jenkins - Date of Probate 9/14/1880 - Book 4, page 228.

 

North Carolina Probate Records, 1735-1970; https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:37SQ-296J-MX9?cc=1867501&wc=32LT-GPX%3A169766601%2C170783501.

 

Still not sure who J.C. Jenkins is. I’m sure I will discover him as I research descendants of Hugh Jenkins. Hugh however, I have previously researched and I have a transcription of his probate in 1835 that I did years ago. Now that I have a will, this will create a more complete picture. I’m going to start with him and transcribe the will. I suspect that he may be the MRCA I am looking for and that it is one of his descendants that is the father of M.O. Jenkins. I will start with Hugh. Fortunately, because I already did extensive research on him on down to his grandson Joseph, years ago, they are already in my tree and I can keep adding. 

 

From Hugh’s will I can determine the following relationships

 

Hugh Jenkins d. 1835 m. Susannah

Margaret (Jenkins) Froneberger

David Jenkins (dcs’d)

William Jenkins

Mary Jenkins

 

Margaret and David are Hugh’s siblings. William and Mary are David’s youngest children.

 

Other researchers have this Hugh Jenkins married to Mary Rhymes, maybe a first wife, but according to his will his wife’s name was Susannah. There is also the possibility that there were two Hugh Jenkins that died in 1800. One in Rowan County and one in Lincoln County. At this point I know the one in Lincoln County was married to Susannah. When I get to Rowan County, I may find the other Hugh Jenkins whose wife is Mary Rhymes. 

 

From the Will and Probate of J.C Jenkins who died in 1880 in Lincoln County, NC i can determine the following family.



  1. J. C. Jenkins d. 9 August 1880, m. Barbara. 

They had the following children:

a.               Blair Jenkins

b.               Susan Jenkins m. S Harris Hopkins, of Baltimore, MD

c.               Alice Jenkins

d.               Hugh Jenkins

e.               Elizabeth Jenkins

f.                Addie Jenkins

 

The last four were still minors in 1880 when J C Jenkins died.

 

What was the timeline for historical records in Lincoln County, NC? I think this is the next thing I need to study and wrap my head around in order to take this study further. 


No comments:

Followers

Twitter Followers

BlogCatalog