03 June 2023

Focusing the Jenkins Research.

 

After weeks of waiting I finally have more results to look at. The Big-Y test has done a better job of placing Michael Oliver Jenkins in the Jenkins Group Time Tree and has now given me a more focused place to look.

-


M.O, Jenkins more defined line is G-FT15840. That line descends from group G-Z40861. The only descendant listed on that line is John Jenkins b about 1757 from Nansemond County, VA. He is not an ancestor of my M.O. Jenkins, however, he descends from the same ancestor that my M.O. Jenkins descends from. I will continue to look at all Jenkins in North Carolina that could connect to my M.O., but for further confirmation I will find that John Jenkins and our mystery Jenkins share the same ancestor further back in time.

M.O. Jenkins is in Group J. When I go to the groups list I have even more names associated with Group J that are not shown on the tree because they have not done a Big-Y test, but this helps to give me a more focused list of men to study.


When I look at the group as a whole, I’m even more encouraged that I’m on the right path. Most are from VA and the Carolinas. One even traces back to PA where I know many of the Carolina Jenkins originally came from. Now I need to build trees for each of these men in this group and hopefully the testers will be willing to work with me to help.

Geographically I need to focus on this area of North Carolina. Lincoln County along the Catawba is where M.O. grew up, but many Jenkins were also in Rowan County, NC during this time. That means there may even be connections to Mecklenburg County and Iredell County as there is likely connections there as well.

No comments:

Followers

Twitter Followers

BlogCatalog